Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Hola desde Costa Rica (Hello from Costa Rica)

Greetings to all! As you can see from the title of this blog I am learning Spanish, slowly but surly. I have completed a week and a half of classes. On a typical day I attend class Monday thru Friday, 8:30 a.m. till 12:30 p.m. Once class is over some of my classmates and I get lunch, usually at a small local restaurant a few blocks down the street or at the market. When we are done with lunch we usually head back to school where several things happen in the afternoon. For example they have dance classes everyday and cooking classes every Wednesday. I usually try to attend most of these classes. When classes are over I head home and usually study for a while before dinner. I eat dinner every night with my host family. After dinner I study a little more and maybe watch some TV with my host dad, Abraham. Then believe it or not I usually go to bed by 9:00 p.m. or 9:30 p.m. Going to school everyday for four hours and only learning Spanish is very difficult but it is also very fun. This weekend should be very fun for me; the school is taking a trip to Monteverde. In Monteverede we will take a canopy tour, swim in natural hot springs and hike up an active volcano, I am really excited. I'll update later with more info and pictures. Please always keep me in you prayer as I do you.

God Bless
Ross

No comments: