Monday, October 19, 2009

Pura Vida!


Pura Vida, A statement you can hear anywhere across Costa Rica. It literally translated means "Pure Life" but means something like "Full of Life", "Purified life", "This is living!", "Going great", or "Cool!" When someone says to you "Hola, como estas", an appropriate response would be Pura Vida. It’s a phrase that can be used in many ways. The first time it was explained to me I immediately thought about living at Pure Life with God. I thought if we all lived a Pure Life with God how much better our day-to-day life would be. Just a little something to think about. I have been here in Costa Rica for 6 full weeks now and I am loving it. Last weekend we had a day off of school and the opportunity came up for me to travel to Nicaragua with 20 of my other classmates. We spent the weekend relaxing at the beach and had a really good time but on Tuesday it was back to school. I have been in class now for six weeks and I am at the second level of the intermediate section. My speaking and comprehension are getting better by the week. I want to take a second to thank everyone for all the prayers and for all the support.

God Bless and Pura Vida!
Ross Jeffords

No comments: