Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The First of Many Lessons

Over the past few days since I have arrived here in Roatan I have been struggling with loneliness. I have never had a problem with this until now. The most difficult part of the little time I have spent here is the time where I am alone in my house. I have always liked having people around me but I was also fine being by myself. But I have never been this alone. I am not writing this to make you feel bad for me, I am writing this to tell you all the first thing that I have learned since I have been on this life changing journey. On Monday afternoon I was at my lowest point that I have been since I arrived here. I was on the brink of packing my bags and coming home I called home to talk to my parents, I was crying my eyes out and praying to God for help then I opened my bible and started reading. I turned to John 14:18 which says “I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.” Then I realized something that had been taught to me since I was a little kid. God is always with me. I had always believed it, but up until this point I guess I have never been so lonely that I have had to completely fall into the arms of God for companionship. Now don’t get me wrong I still get sad and miss home a lot but whenever it get really sad I just lean harder into my God’s Arms because he is always with me and he will never leave me comfortless.



God Bless

Ross

4 comments:

Lawrence said...

Ross, You are a strong young man, in many ways and with the strength that God will give you, it is more than we ever could imagine. Isaiah 26:3 He will keep Ross in perfect peace, when Ross' mind is stayed on God because Ross TRUSTETH in God. That is you.....
WE love you, We are with you all the way... DAD & MOM

Anonymous said...

Ross, I pray for the peace of God to come and feel you now. That you would feel his arms wrapped around you and know that he is with you and will never leave you. You are an awesome young man and God is in control. we love you and pray for you each day.

Ruth

CocoJ126 said...

Ross, You are so awesome and like I told you today...We love you so much and there are some many people in Honduras that can't wait to grow to love you also! Just keep getting out there and giving everyone else the priviledge of meeting Ross Jeffords and letting them see God through you! We believe in you and are so pumped to hear about the lives you change!

We love you....Jake, Corrie & CJ

Anonymous said...

Hello Ross: Jeff, Michelle, Tim and I are so PROUD of you! God will continue to bless and keep you in His loving arms because you belong to Him. Ross Jeffords is in God's Will.

You are an awesome young man and a dedicated one too for the people of Roatan. I gave your name and city to one of our doctors at St. Francis who is coming over in October to Honduras (Dr. William Hayes). I asked him to place you on his prayer list and if an opportunity, to go over to Roatan and look you up!

We love you! We remember you daily in our prayers. Aunt Gwen, Jeff, Michelle and Tim